RE: [ga] Older registrations

At 03:49 PM 3/28/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>The circle is broken, Simon.  The IANA did not have this authority.  Ask
>Sexton
>for some clarification, he had an interesting exchange with Jon Postel's
>brother on a usenet newsgroup about this very subject recently.

Since you have requested some clarification from Richard, and Richard has
requested I forward his text (unedited) in response to Dave Crocker's
similarly incorrect assumption, it is now appropriate that I post it here.
Also note that the IAHC mailing list archives are now conveniently missing.

I apologize to Harald & Elisabeth for the diversion from GA business.