Re: [ga] *IF* ICANN fails what about UN?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 02:16:18PM +0100, Mikael Pawlo wrote:

> I think it would be wise to know what might happen if more and more
> scholars leave the GA (for various reasons) and ICANN gains no support.

The departure of scholars from the GA is completely orthogonal to
support of ICANN.  In fact, a good case could be made that scholars,
with their idealistic search for perfection, are particularly pernicious
in a body that must be oriented towards the practical.  "Those who can,
do; those who can't, become scholars".  ICANN, to be successful, must
*do* things.  It can't be a testbed for dreams of theoretical
democracy.