Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

!Dr. Joe Baptista writes:
 > On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Joe Kelsey wrote:
 > > restrict the word "professional" to any particular profession.  The
 > > professionals in this society are drawn from a wide and open
 > > constituency whose members are yet to be strictly defined.
 >
 > The people here are to a degree silly.  We have lawyers - with no
 > understanding of the fundamental issues. we have technoctats who's narrow
 > vision of the internet is in my not so humble opinion a real disability,
 > and we have the icann priesthood that glues it all together.  And we have
 > wanna be hitlers.

I never said anywhere that professionals were not allowed to be silly!
Many people I have met through other professional societies are
decidedly silly.  Just because your goal is to insure the fundamental
silliness of the ga list does not mean that there are not other well
meaning professionals who want to accomplish something here.

 > This is not a professional society.  This is the last resort where people
 > come for some degree of representation - however rediculous it may be.

Once again, you are putting your own goals in front of other people on
this list.  You are causing this list to become more ridiculous every
day, but just because you have that goal does not make it the goal of
the list.

 > This is an assembly of short sighted shame.

This is not an assembly.  It is a mailing list.

 > > By the way, if you do not believe that the DNSO is a professional
 > > society, then you have no business on this list.
 >
 > This is not a professional society.  once again - reference the bylaws.

Please provide specific references to what part of the bylaws
specifically states that this is *not* a professional society.  I do not
believe that you can provide facts since you have yet to cite a single
verifiable fact in any posting you have ever made.

/Joe