Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Joe Kelsey wrote:

> Not in the slightest.  The DNSO is an obviously professional soceity,
> organized by professionals who are interested in working together on
> issues related to the Domain Name System.  I specifically do not

your a bit off here - i think one of your messages makes it clear the dnso
nor the ga is a professional organization - which i agree with - and now
your arguing it a professional organization - sorry - read the bylaws that
apply.

> restrict the word "professional" to any particular profession.  The
> professionals in this society are drawn from a wide and open
> constituency whose members are yet to be strictly defined.

The people here are to a degree silly.  We have lawyers - with no
understanding of the fundamental issues. we have technoctats who's narrow
vision of the internet is in my not so humble opinion a real disability,
and we have the icann priesthood that glues it all together.  And we have
wanna be hitlers.

This is not a professional society.  This is the last resort where people
come for some degree of representation - however rediculous it may be.

This is an assembly of short sighted shame.

> By the way, if you do not believe that the DNSO is a professional
> society, then you have no business on this list.

This is not a professional society.  once again - reference the bylaws.

Regards
Joe Baptista