Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

At 10:02 15.02.00 -0500, !Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

>Why not now - why April?  It seems this issue is very current with all
>your rulings.  I think the time is now.

Because the rules that were adopted say that the proof of identity process
is only invoked when an identity is challenged, and the list monitor is
satisfied that there's reason to pursue the challenge.

And because the only resource available currently is the list monitor, and
he (I!) feels that the 200+ hours needed to provide adequate verification
of 200+ identities is simply not worth it.
(It took several hours of work just to establish beyond reasonable doubt
that the Jeff Williams clones were not going to provide verifiable
identification. And I still have to check a remaining item.
I've also tried - in an unrelated case - to get 6 *willing* people to get
notarized copies of public ID to me. Just getting them to *remember* to do
it is a challenge!)

If you want different behaviour from the list monitor, change the rules or
change the list monitor.
I'll stop replying on this issue now.

(Note: I expect to hear more about this when Jeff Williams comes online on
Monday. So be it.)

                            Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no