Re: [ga] Registration process suggestion - Using "CA Certs" for registration and Voting...

At 15:48 04.02.00 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Roeland and all,
>
>   I agree fully.  But it seems that some here do not understand or have
>adequate knowledge of CA Digital Certs even though that information
>is VERY available for review.  As a member of the TLS working group
>for several years now, I am VERY familiar.  If anyone needs URL's
>for some of this information I can certainly provide them.  But whether
>or not some on this list do understand CA Digital Certs or not is not
>a restriction in and of itself here that I can see.  Many well known
>"Trusted CA's" are available to provide this.  Ben Laurie is a good
>person to ask for additional information as well.

Note that this is the same Jeff Williams who has refused to publish a
digital certificate for himself, claiming that "good practices say that you
reveal your public key only to a trusted third party".

                           Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no