Re: [ga] Registration process suggestion - Using "CA Certs" for registration and Voting...

Harald and all,

  Harald is EXACTLY right here in his response to my post.  Indeed
Harald is not in my view at this juncture a "Trusted Third Party" hence
my previous refusal.  That remains so.  Until or unless Harald recants
his previous falsehoods, he shall remain in an untrusted position in this
context.  In addition I would add that as to what Harald is referring to
here was PGP keys, not a Digital Cert.  And to my knowledge only
a few responded to his "Attempt" to gather this information from
others on this list.  I also informed him that my keys are publicly
registered with the appropriate "Trusted Third Party" of my choice
and also archives of my use of those public keys are also available
to him on the ICANN Membership list archives.  Harald choose
not to review those archives I assume...

  Nice try at Spinning here Harald, but again, no cigar.  And as
you insist at spinning, you should be readily able to see why you
are NOT a "Trusted Third Party"!  >;)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> At 15:48 04.02.00 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
> >Roeland and all,
> >
> >   I agree fully.  But it seems that some here do not understand or have
> >adequate knowledge of CA Digital Certs even though that information
> >is VERY available for review.  As a member of the TLS working group
> >for several years now, I am VERY familiar.  If anyone needs URL's
> >for some of this information I can certainly provide them.  But whether
> >or not some on this list do understand CA Digital Certs or not is not
> >a restriction in and of itself here that I can see.  Many well known
> >"Trusted CA's" are available to provide this.  Ben Laurie is a good
> >person to ask for additional information as well.
>
> Note that this is the same Jeff Williams who has refused to publish a
> digital certificate for himself, claiming that "good practices say that you
> reveal your public key only to a trusted third party".
>
>                            Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894