Re: FW: [ga] Voters interest and Defining a voter's roll

John and all,

john.c.lewis@bt.com wrote:

> I think that we are debating the numbers of angels that can dance on the
> head of a pin..........
>
> I can read the local newspaper (equal the ga@dnso.org) but that does not
> give me any local voting rights,

  I am not sure your comparison here of your local newspaper and the DNSO
GA mailing list is compatible under the circumstances by which the DNSO
itself was created.

> Contrast the US situation quoted below (I don't know if its correct) where
> you must register to vote, in the UK your existence as a local taxpayer
> identifies your right to vote, although you have to register as well. Why,
> we even call them constituencies.

  The "Constituency Model" for the DNSO is terribly flawed, but was edicted
by the ICANN "Interim" Board.  Go figure.

> Shouldn't the voting rights at the GA/DNSO not have similar dependency on
> some membership of a constituency where bearing the costs give some basis
> for involvement? I acknowledge this still causes a problem for individuals
> and the great unknown 'At Large' user base, but this will then bring the
> need to address that issue more sharply into focus, once we have resolved
> the more tractable problem.

  Agreed.

> Best regards
>
> John C Lewis
> Manager - International Organisations Europe
> BT delegate ETNO Executive Board
> BT co-ordinator ICANN representation
> Tel: +44 (0) 1442 295258 Mob: +44 (0) 802 218271

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894