RE: [ga] Voters interest and Defining a voter's roll

Been there, done that, no tee-shirt found....

In the DNSO Paris draft, this was hotly debated. However, the view is that
voters would form constituencies, Those that didn't group themselves would
still be voters. Only the Singapore modifications, uniaterally instituted by
the ICANN BoD, changed that, for the worse, and cast the constituency
mechanism in the amber we see today. The inclusive fluidity envisioned, in
the Paris draft, is long gone.

Then we have the view which you bring forth here, this disenfancises many of
the major players. NSI has touted itself as the only member of the gTLD
registry constituency (patently false but accepted by the ICANN). Other
registry operators have nowhere else to form. The constituencies authorised
by the ICANN BoD do NOT cover all of the remaining players. The ICANN itself
acknowleges this. To then exclude all other voters, based on the fact that
they do not belong in a currently constituted constituency, is egregiously
wrong. However, it is a predictable "next move" for those who want to
high-jack the process.

I don't have a copy of the Paris draft, but the ORSC draft may be found at
<http://www.dnso.net/library/dnso-orsc.proposal.shtml>.

As far as angels and pin-heads are concerned, you might consider the outcome
of your proposal. Unless one is captured within a few, very narrowly
defined, constituencies, one is disenfranchised (completely outside of the
process). Granted, I am all for republican forms, but the republics must be
broad enough to include a majority of those effected or it is not a
republican form. It is instead, a tyranny of a few select groups, with no
pretense at representation.