Re: [ga] Getting items on ICANN's agenda

Some addresses at ICANN are filtered right into the circular file if they
are on the cc or bcc line, at least that is my understanding of it. You
may also want to keep your own receipts proving that their email server
does in fact receive and accept your email.

Aside from that, it was quite common for ICANN to conveniently overlook
the fact that they had received email in the past - especially from the
IDNO. As a member of the IDNO SC I actually had to hand deliver a package
to them one time (Our petition for recognition as an ICANN constituency).
It was only then, after personally giving them the docs face to face that
they could not avoid having received it. This prompted a letter from
Esther Dyson as to why, even though we had met all deadlines and in fact
delivered our petition before the NCDNHC, we were not to be considered for
recognition in Santiago.

It was very ugly for ICANN getting caught red handed that way. This of
course was before the now defunct IDNO was exposed as the farce it was.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> A few days ago -- Wed, Jan 19 to be exact -- I sent a message to a number
> of addresses including "ajm@icann.org" in which I made some proposals for
> agenda items for the next Board meeting.  This is the address noted at
> http://www.icann.org/cairo2000/cairo-details.htm#agenda as being the place
> to send suggestions.
>
> I have not received an acknowledgement of receipt of this message.
>
> Is it ICANN's policy to acknowledge receipt?  Should I resend my message?
>
> Furthermore, will there be public location in which suggestions will be
> posted?  Will Board members be informed of all suggestions, or will the
> agenda be set by some other body?
>
> I would hate to bother Board members with matters that duplicate what they
> get anyway; on the other hand if postings to the ajm address are being
> filtered, I might feel differently.
>
> --
>
> A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin@law.tm
> U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> +1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  http://www.law.tm
>                       -->It's warmish here.<--

--Bradley D. Thornton MCSE; MCT.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.tallship.net/idno