Re: [ga] Majordomo 'who' command

Bret and all,

  I completely agree with Brett here.  Although there are ways around this
disabling, it is not a "Best Practice" in which to operate the Majordomo
command functions.  Should the DNSO List admin. Fail to restore the
'Who' command, I may find it advantageous to reveal how it can be
circumvented to a number or "Interested Parties".  I would therefore
suggest strongly that the Majordomo Commands, all of them be restored,
is a wise and prudent thing to do.

Bret A. Fausett wrote:

> > **** Command disabled.
> >>>>

> I'd like to see the DNSO secretariat re-enable majordomo's 'who' command. I
> know that making the list of participants and their e-mail addresses public
> opens us up to spam and spoofing, but so do the web-based archives of the
> discussion lists.
>
> I think the value of knowing who is participating in the General Assembly
> outweighs any damage.
>
>       -- Bret

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com