Re: [ga] Blockage/delay of postings

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Bret A. Fausett wrote:

> I mean this question in all seriousness and do not mean to be sharp or rude,
> but what do you want? What are you trying to do by virtue of your
> participation in this list?

OK - point taken - but where did you get the concept of 10M
files.  Remember - I'm not the only one capable of entertainment, your
giving people ideas and that don't wash.

As for my participation, it's now focused on the freedom and censorship
issues.

> While I've seen you advocate open lists, unmoderated speech, and defined
> rules of conduct (all principles that most would support), your attempts to
> push the bounds of acceptable list behavior in order to see what this group
> will do is, IMO, not productive. Threatening a 10 meg post is also not
> productive.

I didn't threaten - you suggested - and I made a note of it.  And my
disruption of this list has been very productive.  The issue has been
appropriately identified and we've even had harald do his job, not well -
but i have faith.

> I think we now get it. We can't block you. You can post as other people. You
> can change e-mail addresses and change ISPs. You can say what you want. Many
> have learned how to use filters thanks to your efforts. Now that you've made
> your point, what happens? When can we get back to normal?

We need clear guidance on the censorship issue.  It's not over - others
are still being censored.

Regards
Joe