[ga] 24 hours from now...

Just under 24 hours from now, the nomination process that allows our
benevolent NC to choose our own Chair will have ended.

A process put together by the NC, varying in no significant way from
the process they crafted to allow themselves to choose our BoD seats.

  A process in which for all intents and purposes, one or at most
two choices will be passed to the NC, something they themselves argued
that they don't want.

  A process in which the only candidate eligible for being picked by
the NC, R. Gaetano, has the issue of his eligibility still in question
since he has stated he has received no official answer regarding
his participation in an entity formed by international treaty.
(http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc02/msg00389.html)

  A process whose current likely result -- one or at most two candidates
passed to the NC -- deos not meet requirements, as voiced by Kent
Crispin:  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc02/msg00197.html

  A process in which the current valid candidate has been put in that
position by those he states should not have the ability to do so:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc02/msg00148.html

...and finally, a process in which no candidate at all even has a
a significant minority supporting them, let alone a majority of the
GA.

If for no other reason, I call upon the NC to either let the GA
elect its own chair, or leave us chairless.  It's obvious that
nobody in the GA cares about this position or this process, or that
they have become so disheartened and disenchanted by the whole thing
they are refusing to participate.

End this farce.

--
Mark C. Langston