Re: [ga] Reuters: Net name dispute body gets first case

David, Mikki and all DNSO'ers,

  Let me reiterate and show my support for Davids well stated and
concise dialogue here.  As an organization of some 98,000 stakeholders
to which the DNSO NC and it's secretariat has blatantly denied and
falsely accused of atrocities, likely in part at the insistence of Mr. Stubbs,
it is very important that you Mikki and all whom are supportive of
an open and transparent process as our spokesman Jeff Williams
has so often spoken out on as well is the only process path that can
heal and lead to solid substance in various forms including good
sound and workable and inclusive policies.

Dnsipv6@aol.com wrote:

> Mikki and everybody else,
>
>   Yes public opinion is very important as is the opinion of the
> stakeholders in general and why speaking our for or against
> such situations has a way of emphasizing and publicizing
> these issues to a conclusion or set of policies that is generally
> determined and expectable by all.  This is not what ICANN
> want's of course and I doubt that WIPO does either.  Given the
> closeness of their relationship, it is befitting to be perceived that
> open and transparent is the farthest thing from ICANN's desire.
>
>   But I am very sure this is not new to you.  Ihave followed much of your
> speaking out and I know that you know to which I speak.  But there are
> those, such and Ken here, that would sooner ignore you and anyone that
> is not in his line of thinking.  Not very flexible or useful in a broader
> scope.
>
> David "Dude" Jepson
> INEGroup-East Director
>
> In a message dated 12/6/99 6:09:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> ooblick@netpolicy.com writes:
>
> << >gee thats funny...
>  >
>  >i thought this was a dispute resolution between 2 parties who both agreed to
>  >it.
>  >what has "support" got to do with it. are you suggesting that people line up
>  >and advocate on behalf of one party or the other with the dispute resolution
>  >provider.
>

>  Support actually has quite a bit to do with it.  Support caused a toy
>  company to back down when a 12 year old registered "pokey.org."
>  Support caused Archie comics to back down when a father registered
>  "veronica.org" for his newborn.  Public image is very important to
>  most corporations.  They are far more likely to be reasonable when
>  they know that the world is watching.
>
>  >
>  >maybe we ought to arbitrate it in the newspapers or in some list. . or
>  >better yet lets put up a votebot and take a vote...
>  >kinda like the old roman coliseum ... thumbs up or down !!!
>

>  Open, transparent and accountable.  Isnt' that what we're striving for here?
>   >>

Bob Davis...