RE: [ga] Reuters: Net name dispute body gets first case

Bret, thank you. Your clarification was very  helpful. Marilyn Cade
-----Original Message-----
From: Bret A. Fausett [mailto:baf@fausett.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 6:34 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Reuters: Net name dispute body gets first case

Andy Gardner wrote:

> So far, we don't know who the litigants are, as the ICANN dispute list
> hasn't been updated since December 5th (handy, that).

Don't expect any update until the respondent (the domain name registrant)
has formally appeared. Remember, under the UDRP, the registrant has 20 days
after the arbitration is commenced to respond. See, Section 5(a) of Rules.
(http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-rules-24oct99.htm)

It would be very bad form for the name of the domain name registrant to be
made public until the registrant itself had received notice and been
afforded the opportunity to prepare a response.

     -- Bret