RE: [ga] Proof of Identification

On 06-Dec-99 Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> Patrick is right. A web of trust may be more easily implementable
> initially.
> I have personally met Patrick a few times and Mark Langston is known to
> me
> via a mutual acquaintance. Many others are also known to me, well enough
> that I'd counter-sign their sigs. I am also sure that most of the NC can
> certify that I am real (Since the San Jose NC meeting <grin> awa the SF
> Bay
> Area meeting with Esther Dyson, last Summer).

The problem with this is that all it takes is one person whose identity is
trusted and who supports the efforts of those whose sole aim is to be as
disruptive as possible.  They can then "trust" those people and their
identities.

I don't see this as a solution that will acheive the goal here.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934