[ga] President Clinton speaks

Quote:

"I hope that we will agree to keep e-commerce free of unusual
burdens. "

"Since this has now become a global society with global
communications, as well as a global economy, I think it was
unrealistic to assume that for the next 50 years trade could be like
it's been for the last 50 -- primarily the province of business
executives and political leaders," Clinton said.

"More people are going to demand to be heard, and I think that's a
good thing," he said.

(Taken under fair use from a Reuters newswire Nov 30, 1999, 1332 EST,
titled, "Clinton backs protesters:  Says WTO meeting should consider
many of the same concerns")

Though Clinton was discussing the WTO and the protests in Seattle today,
these statements directly apply to ICANN as well.  Perhaps if those
who control the various ICANN processes won't listen to those of us who
keep pointing this out, they'll reconsider it when the point's being made
by the POTUS.

--
Mark C. Langston
mark@bitshift.org