RE: [ga] NC members, censorship and other absurd things

	If a moderator processed mail only once a day, so that messages were sent
to the filtered list in a batch once every 24 hours, that would be
inconvenient for list readers, and would slow down discussion.  (Further,
as has been pointed out, any such reponsibility would be a tremendous
headache for the moderator.)  BUT a series of attacks on the ga list like
the one we just saw might damage the ga's discussion process substantially
more than that.  I think it's too soon to impose moderation; it seems to me
that step one is just to enact acceptable use rules and to explore
automated means of blocking mail-bomb attacks.  But I can imagine
circumstances in which moderation, along the lines Michael Froomkin laid
out, would be the least of the available evils.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com