Re: [ga] NC members, censorship and other absurd things

Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
> If a moderator processed mail only once a day, so that messages were sent
> to the filtered list in a batch once every 24 hours, that would be
> inconvenient for list readers, and would slow down discussion.

One benefit of a delay though is that it discourages the quick retort and
the high volume back and forth debates that make up so much of these
list-based discussions. Moderated lists often foster higher quality
conversations simply by removing the immediate gratification of getting
one's opinion onto the list first. In my experience, a reasonable delay
seems to promote more thoughtful posts.

      -- Bret