RE: [ga] RE: [announce] Number of participants in different dnso.org maill ing lists

Javier,

You wrote:

> Is not this GA list "the official list"  ?  If it is not then
> we must change the name GA.
> a General Asambly (sp!) is that... a GENERAL asambly...

I guess that the recent spam + fake messages on the GA list provide an
answer to the question "why people do not want to join the GA list", and I
understand that very well.
Therefore I was ready to accept the fallback solution of an "official" list,
used just as a "master list" (without posting possibilities, therefore with
no traffic), where every DNSO Member will be listed, just to allow easy
verification of the credentials (if any) and identity in case of events like
a vote.

This said, the recent events I mentioned before convinced me that, even if I
maintain that such a global list should be kept for administrative purposes,
voting on the basis of E-mail should be seriously questioned as the
preferred solution. Maybe ISOC's system of E-Mail + S[nail]-Mail is still
the most reliable, or some identification via PGP, or check on the IP
address, or other means to be defined should be implemented to avoid finding
out that votes have been cast faking the sender address....

Regards
Roberto