[ga] Revised Agenda proposal

Dear General Assembly Members,

I would like to propose an slightly revised outline agenda for the Santiago DNSO General Assembly meeting. (My thanks to Jean-Michel for kicking this discussion off).

Please note that I believe that at least a full day is requried for the DNSO GA (and therefore the DNSO Constituency meetings should be held the previous day (the Monday)), as
(in my opinion) anything less than a day makes a mockery of the attempt at a General Assembly.

What I propose below is an outline - if there is any positive feedback to this I will provide a more detailed agenda for discussion.

I look forward to your comments.

Dennis

P.S. Please feel free to broadcast this e-mail message widely as the DNSO GA list has barely two hundred members and is therefore quite unrepresentative at this time.
-------------
Agenda for DNSO General Assembly

09:00 Appointment of Chairman
(Objective – a neutral chairman for the day)

09:15 Report from the ICANN Board
(Objective – an update on the ICANN Board’s Requests to the DNSO)

09:30 Report from the Interim Names Council
(Objective – a progress report on the proposals for the administration of the DNSO)

10:00 Report from the DNSO Constituency Meetings
(Objective – to provide the General Assembly with a understanding of each DNSO Constituency, its membership, its priority issues, etc. To provide a report on the Constituency elections to the Names Council (electorate, voting procedures, etc.))

10:45 Coffee

11:15 Review of Working Groups
Working Groups established by the Interim Names Council

Working Groups proposed at public informal meeting held after Berlin DNSO General Assembly

(Objective – to scope the current work of the DNSO and to establish who is already involved and working on the issues identified. To identify current working group leaders and members.)

12:30 Lunch

13:30 Break-out Sessions for Working Groups
(Objective – Identification of consensus to date and outstanding work items. To identify relevant background documentation, etc.)

15:30 Reports from the Working Group Sessions
(Objective – Brief status reports to General Assembly with pointers to further information for interested individuals).

16:30 Open Forum Discussion
(Objective – to catch anything otherwise being missed)

17:30 Close