[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ga] Re: NCDNHC Application and Information Form
- To: Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DNSO GA <email@example.com>
- Subject: [ga] Re: NCDNHC Application and Information Form
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:32:21 +0100
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <LYR1724-4020-1999.07.24-14.24.33--randy#PSG.COM@lyris.isoc.org> <LYR1799-4102-1999.07.26-10.48.50--Jwkckid1email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Randy and all,
Also in conjunction with Randy's statements. It is difficult to see
where New York University could consider itself a NON-COMMERCIAL
organization, to say the least.
Randy Bush wrote:
> > 3. How is it that you have come to represent the Organization in this
> > Constituency? (Please furnish appropriate indication that the Organization
> > has authorized your participation, for example, vote of membership, vote of
> > directors, action by officer(s) or consensus of members.)
> > I am responsible for both internal and external networking at New York
> > University. My organizations administers the domain 'nyu.edu.'
> george, this is not meant as an attack on you, your veracity, or intent.
> i believe that the intent of this question was to have the member's clear
> assertion that they have authorization from the named institution, e.g. nyu,
> to represent it in these matters. i.e. has the president's office (or
> whatever the appropriate organizational entity) authorized the university
> being so named and represented?
> consider the liability to the dnso/ncdnhc/... of asserting "institution x is
> a member who agrees with policy y" when the trustees of x find that policy y
> is not in x's best interest and the ncdnhc has not done any diligence to
> check that the representative of the institution at least asserts that they
> are authorized to represent it.
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ncdnhc-discuss-1799I@lyris.isoc.org
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208