[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

Darryl (AKA Dessa) and all,

Dassa wrote:

> [...]

  I agree to this extent.  The Damage that the ICANN BoD and staff have
proposed with duplicate TLD's .BIZ and .INFO whose version is not even
operational yet, shows clearly the Damage that a basically nonexistent
"ICANN TLD" can cause...

>  But
> in a practical sense, it makes a big difference.  I raise the point that
> size doesn't matter, you concur.  Then there is the differences between
> being available directly from the Internet or those TLD's that are behind
> private networks.

  The internet is a network or networks, most of them private or privately
controlled.  That is the very basic structure of the network infrastructure
of the Internet, and always has been.  Hence it is difficult to the point
of being impossible to address this argument in any reasonable fashion.

>  That is also a consideration.  Should we only consider
> TLD's that are visible on the Internet or should we also consider TLD's
> that have abided by the guidelines and are only visible on the private
> networks.

  Any TLD is visible to any stakeholder should he or she decide to
make themselves available to have any TLD's Domain Names
visible to them.  This has already been proven and is in operation
by a rapidly growing number of stakeholders daily...  Hence again,
it seems that this part of this argument is no logical or even a
reasonable premise.  Therefore making this argument invalid.

>  It is all a matter of drawing lines.  Currently the line is
> drawn at TLD's that are accepted into the legacy root name space.  You wish
> to expand that to include your own TLD's.  The arguments you put forward
> apply to much more than the TLD's you support.  If we accept your
> arguments, we must accept the arguments of the other claims that will
> follow.

  Claims, no, new TLD's that are not ICANN BoD and staff determined,
yes.

> Once the cat is out of the bag you will have a hard time putting it back.

  The cat has been out of the bag as you put it, for over 5 years.  The
difference between 5 years ago and now is the new TLD's that are not
ICANN BoD and Staff determined are growing at a much more rapid
rate as re the number of Domain Name registrations within those
TLD name spaces....

> What is the solution?
>
> Darryl (Dassa) Lynch
>
> PS...I can have thousands of TLD's on the Internet within hours and have
> them more populated than your .biz within a month.  That is not a boast.
> But a fact of life.  I have access to a market that this a 99% guarantee. I
> also have the team and infrastructure to put it together.  That does not it
> make it right however.

  Right is determined by the demand of the marketplace....

> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827