[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

No, small or big has nor bearing except in the potential for damage.  But
in a practical sense, it makes a big difference.  I raise the point that
size doesn't matter, you concur.  Then there is the differences between
being available directly from the Internet or those TLD's that are behind
private networks.  That is also a consideration.  Should we only consider
TLD's that are visible on the Internet or should we also consider TLD's
that have abided by the guidelines and are only visible on the private
networks.  It is all a matter of drawing lines.  Currently the line is
drawn at TLD's that are accepted into the legacy root name space.  You wish
to expand that to include your own TLD's.  The arguments you put forward
apply to much more than the TLD's you support.  If we accept your
arguments, we must accept the arguments of the other claims that will
follow.

Once the cat is out of the bag you will have a hard time putting it back.

What is the solution?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch

PS...I can have thousands of TLD's on the Internet within hours and have
them more populated than your .biz within a month.  That is not a boast.
But a fact of life.  I have access to a market that this a 99% guarantee. I
also have the team and infrastructure to put it together.  That does not it
make it right however.