[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] [Fwd: Fwd: nos voro illos que offendo]

At 10:21 AM 6/7/01 +0200, you wrote:
>At 00:05 07.06.2001 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
>>Well, I have to disagree with this.  I've seen several explanations
>>posted, and except for basics such as "v6" = version six, each of
>>those explaining elected to address some small corner of the entire
>>subject matter.  Yours, as I recall, also included a gratuitous slap
>>at Jim Fleming, which hardly aids in gaining understanding.
>
>In the particular case of explaining what Jim Fleming means when he says
>IPv8, the slaps are not gratuitous, but a necessary part of the explanation.

IPv8 is nothing more than a re-organized 16-bit IPv4 packet. It's almost
identical to tunnelling IPv6 packets through IPv4 to get IPv6 to actually
work. IPv16 only came about when we informed Jim that he'd already run out
of space in IPv8. But that's what you get when you stick those ex-Bell Labs
people on the job. >;^p

<slap>
It's totally amazing the prejudices and grudges that the IETF insiders hold
against anyone who deviates from the party line.
</slap>

Best Regards,

Simon

--
"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies, Statistics,
Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."