[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] [Fwd: Fwd: nos voro illos que offendo]

Hi Chris

As has been said the current standard is IPv4 which every knows as a normal
IP address such as 100.23.201.66.  Because it has 4 parts it is known as a
"quad".  By coincidence I use the word "quad" as the name of my company and
my email address.  The dots in between cause it to be called a "dotted
quad".  IPv6 is the new standard with a greatly increased address space.
Certainly it will overcome any forseeable problems.

A search of google.com gives a mass of information eg http://www.ipv6.org/

Jim Fleming is considered very brilliant.  His style is so unorthodox that
he has trouble communicating with ordinary people.  Some people on the list
know him quite well.  Personally I like the guy.  He recently subscribed to
GA-ROOTS and posted in his usual cryptic style.  This raised a whole swag of
mixed feelings.  Most are saying his IPv8 and IPv16 systems are imaginary or
worse.  However, Jim should not be underestimated and it may well be that
his proposals will become an established standard in years to come.

Meanwhile the best that can be said is that he is ahead of his time.  Most
people on the list (including me, I might say) have no idea what he is
talking about.  If I had ample funds I would take a chance and hire a team
to make sense out of his proposals.  I'm sure it would be worthwhile.

I keep promising myself one day to take time to see what I can work out.
However, I see it as a difficult task and, with so many other things to do,
one that it is easy to procrastinate over.

Perhaps others have a better idea of the echnical merits.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss