[ga-roots]

Re[5]: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

On 23:59 05/06/01, William X. Walsh said:
>Hello Jefsey,
>Don't blow the .biz issue out of proportion.
>A few congress critters wanted to ask some questions about.  They did,
>had their questions answered, and seem to have been satisfied with
>those answers (they haven't pushed the issue at all since).
>And there is no lawsuit to defend against either, nor is any other
>government body, USG or otherwise, supporting your view.

I am afraid you have not underestood the way the things works at
governments. They do not work in term of money or urgency but in
term of risk for the general interest. The GAC has been clear: no
island, i.e. no routing failure. What the BoD has (Kraijenbrinck)
commited to very imprudently.

Now concerning .biz there are legal issues pending. Their problem,
NeuLevel has published his position statement. Lynn is to confort
him. Negotiation is probably always possible.

Then there are two major new players to enter the game: .eu and
.us, i.e. people having responsibility to large Govs.

Let admit the DoC - not warned by the BoD about the routing risks
accepts the second .biz. What do you think will happen? IMHO
something similar to what happened to Jon Postel when he
unpluged the root. .us will not like it and will report.

I do not think you can change the things now. Slow, not brillant,
it will now come to an end. We just have to keep the things rolling
and to wait for the first problems to occur.

>So let's stick to facts, and not fantasy.

Don't take your fantasy for facts. Facts are much more
stubborn and stern than brillant phrases. But usually they
prevail. Let debrief the .biz case three year from now.

Jefsey