[ga-roots]

Re[5]: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

Hello Jefsey,

Don't blow the .biz issue out of proportion.

A few congress critters wanted to ask some questions about.  They did,
had their questions answered, and seem to have been satisfied with
those answers (they haven't pushed the issue at all since).

And there is no lawsuit to defend against either, nor is any other
government body, USG or otherwise, supporting your view.

So let's stick to facts, and not fantasy.

Tuesday, June 05, 2001, 1:52:47 PM, Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> On 20:14 05/06/01, William X. Walsh said:
>>The number of likely to be approved applicants was well know in
>>advance, and most everyone recognized that this would most likely be
>>6.  ICANN ended up with 7.  And on top of that they did a very decent
>>job of applying the consensus criteria that many of us worked so hard
>>on coming to an agreement to in the workgroup c process.

> I see ... you were involved. So the $ 250.000 a year hiring comes to you by
> right.

> I do regret they came out with  7 instead of 6, they could have spared us
> the .biz issue.

> But that was a proof of concept: how to build up routing problems on the
> net and make NewLevel pay for a lawyer against the weakest one (.biz was
> chosen, not .web :-) .... too bad Leah called in the US cavalary, Capitol
> Hill, the Queen Advisor, the Australian Law, the European Council, the
> Energy commission and this is not finished... it will cost a lot to proof
> the routing problem concept  :-) :-)

> Or may be they known that .biz wold not go through and were only testing
> the DoC?
> hmmm ... since you were involved may be you know?

> Jefsey

> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Best regards,