[ga-roots]

Re[3]: Why ICANN should think (Re: Re[2]: [ga-roots] RE: [ga] Can you give me some arguments, why is it a bad idea?)

Hello Joop,

Saturday, June 02, 2001, 3:57:07 AM, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>New.net is not an issue, as none of ICANN's new TLDs conflict with it.
>>
>>As such any argument about new.net and its visibility is not relevant
>>to arguments about ICANN's stability or lack thereof right now.

> Uhm, the argument was about the stability in the DNS. New.net (or others)
> and its visibility are most relevant, I think.

The argument is that if .biz is introduced, ICANN is introducing a
destabilizing element.  The argument against that is that the alt.root
.biz is not visible enough, or in broad enough use, to really bear our
the argument that such an introduction would cause any kind of
noticeable destablization.

New.net's visibility is not relevant to those points of discussion,
since ICANN is not currently introducing any TLDs in the root zone it
effectively manages that have corresponding entries in the new.net
zones.

So it most certainly is not relevant to the assertion that ICANN is
introducing a destablizing element or threatening stability by
entering .biz.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh