[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Capture and Diversion

Simon and all,

Simon Higgs wrote:

> At 02:55 AM 5/3/01 +1000, you wrote:
> >On Wednesday, May 02, 2001 10:31 AM (AEST), Kristy McKee wrote:
> >
> > > IMHO this is beyond ICANN's scope as Bret mentioned ealier:  the IETF is
> > > the place for decisions like these to happen; therefore if we do have an
> > > opinion I recommend we direct it in their direction.
> >
> >That's an interesting observation, thank you.  If we assume that it is
> >ICANN's policy to comply with the technical standards as laid down by the
> >IETF, then this will also apply to the question of a "unique root" as
> >defined in the RFCs.
>
> Then can we all assume ICANN will fully comply with this IETF document once
> it becomes an RFC:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-higgs-root-defs-00.txt
>
> The DNSO should be fully supporting this effort to prevent collisions
> between roots.

  We agree wit Simon here, and always have.  In fact ICANN should
also be fully supportive as well.  Unfortunately sense November '00
they have not been.  And now are refusing to be.  This is unfortunate,
and sets a bad precedent for the internet DNS as well as is seemingly
purposeful disruptive to stability for the stakeholders.  A very sad
situation so far.  We [INEGroup] are hopeful and will continue to
engage wherever and when ever we can and to encourage the ICANN
BoD to correct this major mistake.

> Best Regards,
>
> Simon Higgs
>
> --
> It's a feature not a bug...
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827