[ga-org]

Re: [ga-org] Re: ORG.COOP follow-up (Re: [ga] .org input)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 06:50:52PM -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:

> Wait a second the Non-Coms put out the best paperwork in the DNSO have
> Universities that already really run registries for ccTLDs or could get
> them I believe, and have a need for the revenue and are already
> organized.........

...except that the NCC charter specifically excludes any organization
that runs a registry or is a registrar, regardless of whether the
orgnization is a non-profit.   Now, of course, the same people who
insisted on this restriction are proposing that the NCC should itself
effectively be the registry for .org...

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
This message was passed to you via the ga-org@dnso.org list.