[ga-org]

[ga-org] Re: Outline of proposed consensus points

Milton and all,

Milton Mueller wrote:

> OUTLINE OF PROPOSED CONSENSUS POINTS
>
> 1. The Noncommercial Domain Name Holders Constituency
> has a greater stake in the future of ORG than any
> other DNSO constituency.

  This is most likely true.

> 2. The Policy Authority for the ORG domain should be a
> new entity formed by members of the NCDNHC.

  I don't think this is wise or reasonable...

> 3. We oppose any evictions or refusals to renew names
> currently registered in ORG.

  Agreed here.

> 4. We favor maintaining the noncommercial identity of
> ORG by revising its marketing and promotion strategies
> to target noncommercial users, and to discourage
> duplicate, pre-emptive registrations by businesses.

  Marketing strategies should not be a consideration.
But the rest of this looks fine...

> 5. We consider individuals, households, and
> unincorporated organizations engaged in primarily non-
> commercial forms of expression as an appropriate
> market for ORG.

  Agreed here.

> 6. ORG should not be given to registrars or registries
> with shareholdings in existing gTLD registries.

  A wise precaution.

> 7. ORG must provide a high quality of service to
> organizations and individuals in different time zones
> and different languages. The new entity should be
> geographically diverse.

  Agreed,  But very difficult to accomplish or implement.

> 8. We favor the creation of new, "clean slate" TLDs
> that can be carefully restricted to specific classes
> of non-profit organizations, but we do not think this
> is an appropriate policy for ORG.

  Agreed of course...

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827
This message was passed to you via the ga-org@dnso.org list.