RE: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

I beg to differ, Andrew. It is my opinion that  New Zealand did win back its
name on .biz. An approach like yours only favors land-rush attitudes towards
domain name registration and cybersquatting. Domain name registration should
begin by acknowledging that certain exclusive rights over other idetifiers
and distinctive signs preceeded its inception.

I insist that the naming of States is a matter of public interest, and
therefore registrars should ban the registration of domain names comprising
the names of States, unless registration is requested by the State
concerned.

Altough Professor Froomkin commented earlier this week that there is no
basis in international public law for the foregoing, I beleive that there
is, specifically in international commity and custom. Each State is entitled
to choose the form of its designation, same which may not be used otherwise
by anyone else, irrepective of the function that eacg gTLD is supposed to
serve.

Atentamente, Regards
Rodrigo Orenday Serratos