Re: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

> I insist that the naming of States is a matter of public interest, and
> therefore registrars should ban the registration of domain names comprising
> the names of States, unless registration is requested by the State
> concerned.

Absolutely.  In fact, there are people who sell porcelain items and call it
"china".  There are people who sell lacquer items and they call it "japan".
They should not be allowed to do that.

Only there are some "countries" which should not have domain names because
they are not countries.  For example, there is no legitimate country named
"Israel".  Domain name registrars should be required only to recognize truly
legitimate countries.

We thank you for your assistance in our struggle to keep our domain names.

Regards,

Mullah Omar
mullah@taliban.com