Re: [ga] Names Policy Development Process

Sunday, July 28, 2002, 8:42:10 PM, todd glassey wrote:

> My feeling is that a Root Zone Protocol as a top layer of a DNS resolution
> model might be also functional. The idea would be that if there was a Root
> Zone specified in the URI/URL then it would be used otherwise the default
> set would be (i.e. the ICANN set).

> The real win as I have said would be properly outfitted search engines since
> these are really the next generation resolution services anyway.

All your proposal does is essentially create a network of third level
domain registries, and solves none of the problems.  Who then gets to
decide what "roots" (which are really TLDs, and TLDs become second
level domains) get into the master dns?

Or do you not understand how the hierarchy in the dns works, and why
it works that way?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>