Re: [ga] Problems/Conclusions

Eric and all assembly members,

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> Right on brothers and sisters,
>
> We held the first election and we did good.  We elected top notch first rate folks
> and they are doing a bang up kick em in the ass job.  They are bottom up an open
> and transparent and the give a good damn about my dotcommoners.  Most of my posts
> are not worthy of their consideration but I am very proud of our SC.
>
> We did poorly in some areas of representation, like SouthEast Asia and Women, but
> we will rally and these good people will listen.  It is a time of empowerment.  I
> also hope Jim and Jeff and Ellen and Judith and Joe will lower themselves to our
> level and help lead us in the right direction.

  I am decidedly not about lowering myself or my values/ethics to any level
lower than they are currently if that is what you are asking/suggesting Eric.
I am not sure that it is though...  I AM about trying to help others rise
their values/ethics to a higher level than they already are.  This self sense
is not elitist but one of honest integrity.

> With these leaders we have a chance and they are legitimate and good.

  They are a good crop.  How good they are remains to be seen, but will
become more obvious in short order I am sure.

> Eric
>
> Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > At 00:32 2/05/02 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com spent time to slam the only
> > just started icannatlarge.com:
> > ><snip>
> > >An Organizing Committee for the At-Large will be convened by ICANN staff
> > >under the administration of Denise Michel.  It is not a certainty that either
> > >I or Eric Dierker will have our request to participate accepted -- we don't
> > >set the rules, we simply have to abide by them.  ICANN will make some kind of
> > >decision as to which volunteers will be on this committee and which will be
> > >excluded.  I might well fall into the latter category.  In any event, at
> > >least we volunteered to attempt to do something constructive... how many
> > >members of icannatlarge.com have done the same?
> >
> > The 293 who voted.
> >
> > And the people who contributed to an election charter and the organizing tools.
> > And the 20 candidates who volunteered to be elected.
> > The first thing they have done is subject themselves to a vote of the
> > membership so that their representation is actually legitimized by the
> > membership.
> >
> > This is a necessary first step, if you believe in legitimacy based on
> > democracy.
> >
> > Seven members have been elected
> > Vittorio Bertola, Italy (Europe)
> > Wolfgang Kleinwaechter, Denmark (Europe)
> > Richard Henderson, United Kingdom (Europe)
> > James Love, USA (NorthAm)
> > Sotiris Sotiropoulos, Canada (NorthAm)
> > Izumi Aizu, Japan (AsiaPac)
> > Satyajit Gupta, India (Asia)
> >
> > Trying to self-organize in response to the Board resolution is just as much
> > a constructive response as trying to answer Stuart Lynn's letter  with
> > original ideas.
> > As it is, most of what could be said has been said.
> >
> > The likelyhood that any of it  will be actually followed is even smaller
> > than I rated the chances of the ICANN financed ALSC study.
> >
> > --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
> >    interim webmaster
> > www.icannatlarge.com
> > Sign up and spread the word.
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827