Re: [ga] Problems/Conclusions

At 00:32 2/05/02 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com spent time to slam the only
just started icannatlarge.com:
><snip>
>An Organizing Committee for the At-Large will be convened by ICANN staff
>under the administration of Denise Michel.  It is not a certainty that either
>I or Eric Dierker will have our request to participate accepted -- we don't
>set the rules, we simply have to abide by them.  ICANN will make some kind of
>decision as to which volunteers will be on this committee and which will be
>excluded.  I might well fall into the latter category.  In any event, at
>least we volunteered to attempt to do something constructive... how many
>members of icannatlarge.com have done the same?

The 293 who voted.

And the people who contributed to an election charter and the organizing tools.
And the 20 candidates who volunteered to be elected.
The first thing they have done is subject themselves to a vote of the
membership so that their representation is actually legitimized by the
membership.

This is a necessary first step, if you believe in legitimacy based on
democracy.

Seven members have been elected
Vittorio Bertola, Italy (Europe)
Wolfgang Kleinwaechter, Denmark (Europe)
Richard Henderson, United Kingdom (Europe)
James Love, USA (NorthAm)
Sotiris Sotiropoulos, Canada (NorthAm)
Izumi Aizu, Japan (AsiaPac)
Satyajit Gupta, India (Asia)

Trying to self-organize in response to the Board resolution is just as much
a constructive response as trying to answer Stuart Lynn's letter  with
original ideas.
As it is, most of what could be said has been said.

The likelyhood that any of it  will be actually followed is even smaller
than I rated the chances of the ICANN financed ALSC study.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
   interim webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com
Sign up and spread the word.