RE: [ga] Problems/Conclusions

What is your agenda?

Stated here:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/icann-nominations/Arc01/msg00015.html and it
has not changed:-

Under-representation of any group of affected stakeholders strikes at the
very heart of public trust in the internet and undermines ICANN1s ability to
engage proper consensus building procedures that empower its policy
coordination.

As a team player, I will gladly represent the entire DNSO membership on the
Board, and as a European, have a particular interest in ccTLDs. At the same
time, I have and I will continue to stand for the people who are currently
under-represented within this organization - including those who have spent
months, and in some cases years, of effort trying to improve existing
operations, only to witness their talents repeatedly crushed by those with a
vested interest in perpetuation of the status quo.

To support the cause of individual domain name registrants/ owners/ holders,
I have submitted a number of papers in recent months, and in particular,
have advocated privacy rights on behalf of all individual domain name
registrants in the 15 member nations of the European Union. Individuals are
adversely affected with respect to the Whois, also UDRP and Registrar
transfers, amongst other issues, but this group does not have a
constituency, or any vote in the policy recommendations passed to BoD
through the NC and its Task Forces. It can be argued therefore that direct
representation for individual registrants at the highest level is entirely
appropriate, commensurate with any other group. A seat on the Board will do
nicely.

When the DNSO undergoes structural change in due course, the people who made
an honest attempt to contribute something positive will still be here. I
consider myself such a person. If you look towards the future, where fair
play and proper consideration of all affected stakeholders is weighed
heavily in any determination of policy, then your endorsement of my
candidacy will not be misplaced.

This is a vote for conscience.

And here's a list of those who endorsed it:
http://www.dnso.org/nominees/2001.jla.html