[ga] Re: anyone notice fallout from this?

At 02:57 PM 4/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:

> > > Having written said draft, I can safely say that you are 100% wrong. The
> > > cause of the problem is lack of entry into the legacy root. If there was
> > > access, there would be no alt.roots. No one would care or bother about
> > > alt.roots. End of story. Blaming alt.roots is like blaming the police
> for
> > > criminals.
> >
> > If there were not multiple roots, would there have been a problem? No.
> > Hence, the multiple roots (which goes against DNS itself) was the
> > issue.
>
>I agree, Simon's claim that "they made us do it by not operating
>on our terms, therefore they're responsible for the deleterious
>effects of our actions" is disingenuous at best.

Nobody made anyone do anything. We were given permission by Jon Postel
(IANA) to be part of a test root during the Draft Postel era. Yes, that's
right. We were doing this under IANA's instruction. The test root was
supposed to close down upon access to the IANA root in October 1996. This
is all documented if you care to look at the newdom archives. ISOC hijacked
the newdom process away from IANA and the root became permanently
fragmented as the test root participants were disenfranchised and had
nowhere to go. IOD filed their first lawsuit over this.

Get your history straight.

Best Regards,

Simon

--