Re: [ga] Re: Discussion Draft -- ICANN Reorganization

Charles and all assembly members,

Charles Shaban wrote:

> Dear Jeffrey,
>
> Although I did not want to reply so as not to keep exchanging email,
> and keep the list for its main purpose, I will reply only by this
> email, any other thing I am ready to reply in private.
>
> >  The work on TCP/IP was not JUST the work of Vint Cerf.  Many
> >people worked on that protocol including myself.  So the credit
> >attributed to Vint in this area is, frankly a gross exaggeration.
>
> Thank you then too, but it is known that the two people behind the
> TCP/IP were Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn (I forgot his name in the first
> email).

  Yes Bob Kahn was also involved along with quite a number of
others.

> >  Perhaps in Aman you have restrictions of a form of speech.  But in
> >most of the free world we do not.  If in your country there are such
> >restrictions on expression, you have my sympathies and condolences..
> >I am quite sure that Eric, and many others will agree with me on
> >that.
>
> I do not want to get into politics here, but sometimes the media
> shows fact in wrong way, in Jordan we have no restrictions of any
> kind (unless you are targeting the stability of the country which I
> am sure in all the countries you will be taken to trial), even better
> than most of the "free world" countries. As some know Jordan is one
> of the safest countries.

  I have visited Jordon many times in the past at the invite of
your previous King.  I think that alone speaks for itself...

> >  ROFLMAO!  Well that is one of the biggest laughs I have had in some
> >time!
> >Thank you for sharing it with all of us...
>
> And I thought you (in the developed countries) use time better than
> us (the developing countries).

  Not always.  But usually...  >;)   However most of us filthy
Americans are not as prone to pomposity, as those in some
developing countries with monarchies...  But we do have Vint...

> Best Regards
>
> Charles Sha'ban
> TAGI, Regional Office, Amman
> Telephone No.: +962 6 5669603
> Fax No.: +962 6 5603743
> TAGI House, Queen Noor Street
> P.O.Box 921100 Amman 11192 Jordan

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827