Re: [ga] Re: Discussion Draft -- ICANN Reorganization

Charles and all assembly members,

Charles Shaban wrote:

> Well I think this is gone too far, remember that without the work of
> Mr. Cerf (and his colleague) there will not have been an Internet and
> we could not negotiate like we are doing now, you know Internet runs
> on the TCP/IP protocol which Mr. Cerf made available.

  The work on TCP/IP was not JUST the work of Vint Cerf.  Many
people worked on that protocol including myself.  So the credit
attributed to Vint in this area is, frankly a gross exaggeration.

> Everyone have the right to express his own views but not in this way.

  Perhaps in Aman you have restrictions of a form of speech.  But in
most of the free world we do not.  If in your country there are such
restrictions on expression, you have my sympathies and condolences..
I am quite sure that Eric, and many others will agree with me on that.

> Even the example you are using that he could not connect his home to
> Internet, well a simple management rule (by the way, I am middle
> management in my company), you should not do another employee's work,
> you should concentrate on your work.

  But in this instance it was Vint's house, so it was his work.  Hence
your
example does not apply in this instance...

> Believe me if Mr. Cerf connected
> his own T1 line then this will be wrong, because he wasted time that
> he can spend on more important issues that he is responsible for.

  ROFLMAO!  Well that is one of the biggest laughs I have had in some
time!
Thank you for sharing it with all of us...

> Regards
>
> Charles Sha'ban
> TAGI, Regional Office, Amman
> Telephone No.: +962 6 5669603
> Fax No.: +962 6 5603743
> TAGI House, Queen Noor Street
> P.O.Box 921100 Amman 11192 Jordan
> ====================================
> cis@it.com.vn writes:
> >Mr. Cerf,
> >
> >Surely you jest?
> >
> >You have the audacity to suppose what is best for users.  You are an
> >Ivory tower twit.  I read in an article just last week you cannot
> >even hook up your own
> >internet at home.  You stated that you would have someone run a t1
> >line to your home. You are so far removed and vacated from real
> >users that Worldcom should
> >elevate you to saint so you are assured of living with your own kind.
> >
> >The U.S. already has millions of online voters.  Why can't you
> >people do the same world wide.  You cry the same old tyrant song,
> >"we cannot have elections to
> >replace me because I cannot make them fair" Bullshit!
> >
> >Never, Never never assume that you can make decisions for us users
> >because you are an abuser and have no decency for us users.
> >
> >Have a nice day!
> >Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827