Re: [ga] Substance over rhetoric - a constructive challenge

Denise Michel would know the details, but it was staff (since the board did
not meet to consider the request).

Esther

At 01:29 PM 3/18/2002, Barbara Simons wrote:
>Esther,
>Out of curiosity, who turned down the ALSC's request
>for the list of at-large members?  Was it the Board, or
>was it staff?
>Regards,
>Barbara
>
>Esther Dyson wrote:
>
> > Barbara -
> >
> > If I had clout with ICANN, things would be turning out differently. I (and
> > the committee) did indeed ask for the list, to no avail.
> >
> > Nonetheless, with luck they can still be pushed in the right direction
> > while many things are up in the air.  Right now nothing is fixed, and I
> > believe the best way to take advantage of that is to push constructively.
> >
> > Esther
> >
> > At 09:05 PM 3/17/2002, Barbara Simons wrote:
> > >Thanks!  Your suggestion is the obvious approach, except
> > >that the number of "instant" at-large members would be a six
> > >digit figure if you count everyone who registered and five digits
> > >if you just count those who confirmed their registration.
> > >
> > >And both numbers would be considerably larger had
> > >ICANN had the capacity to process everyone who
> > >wanted to register and had everyone realized that it
> > >was a two step process, i.e. registering was not sufficient
> > >in order to be able to vote.
> > >
> > >Esther, you have a bit of clout with ICANN.  This seems
> > >like the obvious starting point, rather than trying to put
> > >something together from scratch, which I feel is doomed
> > >to failure.
> > >
> > >Barbara

> Large & has

BACK TO THE FRONTIER - this year's PC FORUM with
Craig Barrett, Rick Belluzzo, Eric Schmidt... and you!
www.pcforum2002.com/pcforum/speakers.cfm
March 24 to 26

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
writer, Release 3.0 (on Website below)
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --   fax  1 (212) 924-0240
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com