RE: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

At 18:41 21/08/01 +1000, Dassa wrote:
>.  The
>real issue is honesty and integrity.  I have no issue with the funding
>being provided but how a person represents themselves in both formal
>and informal communications is of real concern.  The GA should be
>concerned about how any nominee conducts themselves and the fact a
>person misrepresents themselves.  This issue is not about the IDNO.

Since the issue has now become an unsubstantiated attack on my honesty and
integrity and the list moderator tolerates this kind of ad hominem, I have
no choice but to reply and make clear what the issue is all about. I
apologize to the GA for prolonging this thread. Please skip if you've had
enough already.

Following the vote of the IDNO members to join the NCDNHC (33 votes against
5) I hastily filled out the application form of the NCDNHC and posted it to
the IDNO list.

Mr Walsh and Mr Dassa objected to the fact that I had listed myself as
elected representative.
In fact the members had elected me, along with Dinesh Nair and Dennis
Schaefer  in november  2000,  but as a result of unceasing harrassment by
these same peopIe, I did resign my elected positions in February 2001, on
condition that Mr Walsh would cease his vendetta against the IDNO and
against my person. You are all witnesses to the fact that he did not.
As a consequence I resumed my efforts to organize the IDNO again and  I
considered my resignation null and void. Whether this was justified or not
is a matter of debate, internal to the IDNO and not the GA.

>|> I would argue that the latter is strictly an IDNO internal matter,
>and
>|> should be debated elsewhere, IMHO. Or do we want to start
>discussing here
>|> about how representative of all their respective
>|> organizations are all the
>|> participants in this process?
>
>When false statements are made it is a matter for the GA to consider.
>We operate on a basic level of trust.  If it is shown a member
>misrepresents themselves and makes false statements it should be known
>within the GA.

When words of such gravity are used in a personal attack prior to a GA
vote, the least the GA should know is the facts, and all the facts.

In order to take all contentiousness out of the CA/IDNO joining the NCDNHC,
I gladly yield the position of voting representative to the NCDNHC to one
of our 2 other  elected representatives and let them submit the application
form.

My  focus is on the NC Task Force and on actually achieving a constituency
for Individual DN holders.

--Joop