RE: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Dassa,

>As this relates directly to Joops attendance as a candidate I would
>consider the relevance obvious.  Joop may do some good work at times
>but the blunders, falsehoods and misrepresentations must not be
>overlooked either.

"As a candidate"?!?!?

Anyway, there are two separate issues here, one being the funding by
Salzburg Seminar to the individual Joop, and one the representativity of
Joop as spokesperson of IDNO.

I would argue that the latter is strictly an IDNO internal matter, and
should be debated elsewhere, IMHO. Or do we want to start discussing here
about how representative of all their respective organizations are all the
participants in this process?

About the former, I would suggest you check the rules of the game at
http://www.icann.salzburgseminar.org/guidelines.htm.
Among other things, you will see:
"You or your organization must represent a significant constituency within
the Internet community that will contribute to ICANN's mission and
deliberations."
It nowhere sais that you have to be the officially designated spokesperson
of the member of the organization that is in turn a member of NonCom. Hence
the point of yours (and WXW) is moot.
But even if this was the case, the problem would be an internal matter of
the constituency NCDNHC, as they could argue that funding Joop will leave
less funds for other NonCom people. From our (GA) POV what matters is that
one of the persons that are more active on this list got some funding to
participate and bring some of the ideas circulated here. This, regardless of
the individual agreement of the specific ideas, can only be beneficial to
the GA as a whole.

Regards
Roberto