Re[2]: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Tuesday, Tuesday, August 21, 2001, 12:29:25 AM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> About the former, I would suggest you check the rules of the game at
> http://www.icann.salzburgseminar.org/guidelines.htm.
> Among other things, you will see:
> "You or your organization must represent a significant constituency within
> the Internet community that will contribute to ICANN's mission and
> deliberations."
> It nowhere sais that you have to be the officially designated spokesperson
> of the member of the organization that is in turn a member of NonCom. Hence
> the point of yours (and WXW) is moot.

If this was in fact the guideline used, then you may have been
correct.

But what is said on the website and what is said in practice are
different things, Roberto.

I suggest you do some facts checking.

You will find that the Salzburg Seminar DID in fact tell Joop that he
the IDNO was required to become a member of the NCDNHC before they
would consider funding him as the IDNO representative.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>