RE: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

The voice of experience in the duress!!

On 01:49 21/08/01, Joop Teernstra said:
>>Coming down from the SF Bay Area, for MdR, I spent over $3000. Analysis of
>>Stockholm forcated expenses yields a similar number. My larger issue is loss
>>of 1.5 weeks of billing, a constant for all ICANN meetings, with very
>>little/none probable effect on new business or positive effect on revenue.
>
>That is the larger expense that is rarely talked about by participants who
>do not face such revenue loss.
>It needs to be recognized.

This is the real issue. When you are paid to go the meeting by your
business or as part of your business like ccTLDs etc.. it make a real
difference from using family big money and wasting one week or more of
revenues - plus the time spent for weeks, and for the weeks to come. Or the
long conferences calls to foot. When already a lot of money goes to
Internet non-profits .. it becomes too much.

Also, we lobbied for a vote after Montevideo so the GA could have time to
debate. But we know about the dates and the utility to cross half the world
only since the NC meeting....
Jefsey