RE: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

At 08:51 20/08/01 -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
>The point is that there has been small local participation in such things.

That could be changed, if there was a strong will to change it. Local
participation is the justification for far-flung ICANN meetings. Local
organizers will need all the help they can get.

>Coming down from the SF Bay Area, for MdR, I spent over $3000. Analysis of
>Stockholm forcated expenses yields a similar number. My larger issue is loss
>of 1.5 weeks of billing, a constant for all ICANN meetings, with very
>little/none probable effect on new business or positive effect on revenue.

That is the larger expense that is rarely talked about by participants who
do not face such revenue loss.
It needs to be recognized.

--Joop