Re: [ga] XTNS Launches New Domain Naming System

on 8/20/01 11:40 PM, Tim Langdell at langdell@technologist.com wrote:

> Put simply we have the exclusive license for non-ICANN domain name strings
> in the IE browser (strings with dots in) that we are calling Domain
> Namespaces to seek to differentiate them from ICANN/DoC approved domain
> names/TLDs.

Hello Tim,

If "Domain Namespaces" are not Domain Names at all, they are strings, isn't
this label misleading and confusingly similar to Domain names? Would you by
any chance be able to provide us with a Definition for "domain namespace"?

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices: DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA")
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)