Re: [ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] IcannWatch

Friday, Friday, August 17, 2001, 9:56:40 AM, Derek Conant wrote:

> The significant matter I was pointing out is that the DNSGA wrote a
> similar story and submitted it to IcannWatch before Michael Froomkin
> decided to publish your story.  The DNSGA story should have been
> published first, whereas, IcannWatch purports to be a fair reporting
> organization and forum concerning matters related to the ICANN
> processes.  It is not correct that such an organization give the
> appearance of organized censorship concerning matters related to the
> ICANN processes, as in this case.

More accurately, ICANNWatch is a private operation, which uses its
discretion on publishing stories.  They do not, nor should they,
publish every submission.

Your story was not really worth publishing, in my opinion, and I agree
with their decision not to publish it.  It was very self serving, and
not the kind of article that ICANNWatch normally accepts.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>