Re: [ga] Webcast of Today's NC Meeting

Dear Peter,

During the NC's extensive deliberations yesterday on the Board Director
election, you, as a representative of the ccTLD Constituency, set the
criteria that any candidate running for this job should who be willing to
attend Montevideo and meet with the Constituencies face to face. As a direct
result of your astute arguments, the first round of vote cast on the
election was deferred until Saturday 8th September, decided by a clear
majority of the NC. If I understand you correctly, you then indicated that
if the reason for non-attendance was financial, then transportation could be
provided for candidates, but that a willingness to attend was essential. Let
me make a clear statement that I am willing to attend.

Notwithstanding the fact that I have not received any invitations to
participate in any Constituency meetings in Montevideo, I am eager to do so,
and more than happy to make the effort to comply with your requirement of
me. I do fully appreciate your concerns, and understand the particular
difficulties of using written questions, or teleconferences when liaising
with a diverse and multi-lingual membership. Prior to your statement, I saw
good, but not vital, reasons for my attendance. Subsequent to your statement
and the supporting vote of other NC members, it is obvious that any
candidate who does not attend will lose this election.

While not wishing to add to your burdens, and in order to not unfairly
disadvantage any of my fellow candidates, I am therefore requesting that you
make whatever ground, air and lodging arrangements may be necessary for all
of us to attend Montevideo.

My own position is this. I have family visiting from Europe until the 4th,
but could leave on the 5th/6th, which would allow me to attend the ccTLD
constituency meeting on the 7th at 2pm, or at your members convenience,
another time.

Regarding other Constituencies, at the time of writing, I have participated
in a 90 minute teleconference with the IPC, and submitted responses to
written questions posed off-list by the gTLD. I can only assume that any
other constituency requirements will be forthcoming, including the BC, from
whom I have not yet heard.

Regards,
Joanna